If an A-list of the best places to travel in Spain ever exists, it would be an endless list that you do not want to read at all. Seen or hidden, there are just too many nice cities worth exploring. Anyway, let’s check out the 10 top places you must not miss.
- Madrid – a vibrant capital of grand boulevards, art museums and outrageous nightlife till dawn.
- Barcelona – Spain’s Mediterranean jewel sparkles with its Gaudi and gourmet delights, a buzzing waterfront scene and 2000 years of history.
- Balearic Islands – from Menorca’s crystal coves and Mallorca’s dramatic mountain coast to Ibiza’s clubs and Formentera’s chilled scene, these islands offer a all-in-one travel package.
- Ibiza – an island and town located in the Mediterranean Sea about 80 km off the coast of Spain, third largest of the Balearic Islands.
- Palma de Mallorca (Majorca) – the major city and port on the island of Majorca and capital city of the autonomous community of the Balearic Islands in Spain.
- Valencia – from the boisterous Barrio del Carmen to the 21st-century Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias, this metropolis is full of surprises. Oh, paella was invented here!
- Granada – stunning city in the south, surrounded by snow capped mountains of the Sierra Nevada, home of La Alhambra.
- Cordoba – the Grand Mosque (‘Mezquita’) of Cordoba is one of the world’s finest buildings.
- Seville – this fiery southern capital is home to the Alcázar, the mesmerising parades of Semana Santa and revelry of the Feria de Abril.
- Malaga – a port city in Andalusia, southern Spain with temperate climate. Birthplace of the artist Picasso.
More From FECIELO