Okinawa consists of 3 major islands and countless smaller islands that it easily makes one directionless. Even Okinawa mainland could be a challenge if you have never come across with the A-list of top 10 must-visit places and their short descriptions shown below. (Also refer to the map at the bottom of the article.)
- Shuri Castle – Reconstructed former Ryukyu royal palace.
- War Memorials – Peace Park and other war related sites.
- Ocean Expo Park – Amusement park with Japan’s best aquarium.
- Nakagusuku Castle – Beautiful ruins of a former Ryukyu castle.
- Shikinaen Garden – Second residence of the former Ryukyu kings.
- Hedo Misaki – Cape at the northern tip of Okinawa Honto.
- Tsuboya Pottery District – District with many pottery shops.
- Nakamurake Residence – Traditional Okinawan style residence.
- Kokusaidori – Main shopping and entertainment street.
- Okinawa World – Featuring a cave and folk craft village.
More From FECIELO