Alright, so how far or deep you have to travel in order to see the exquisiteness of Kyoto? The answer is revealed in the list below which encompasses ten must-visit places with a short description attached to each attraction.
- Kinkakuji (Golden Pavilion) – Temple building covered in gold.
- Kiyomizudera – Temple famous for its large wooden terrace.
- Fushimi Inari Shrine – The ultimate torii gate experience.
- Sanjusangendo – Temple with 1001 human sized statues.
- Kokedera – Called moss temple because of its garden.
- Nijo Castle – Former Kyoto residence of the shogun.
- Ginkakuji (Silver Pavilion) – Beautiful temple not actually covered in silver.
- Arashiyama – Pleasant district at the outskirts of Kyoto.
- Katsura Villa – Imperial villa with stunning landscape garden.
- Shugakuin Villa – Imperial villa at the outskirts of Kyoto.
More From FECIELO