Here is the A-list of the best places to travel in Kamakura that worth your time and energy.
- Kotokuin Great Buddha – Large bronze Buddha Statue.
- Hasedera Temple – Attractive temple with views over Kamakura.
- Hachimangu Shrine – Kamakura’s most important Shinto shrine.
- Kenchoji Temple – Most important Zen temple.
- Engakuji Temple – Second most important Zen temple.
- Zeniarai Benten – Shrine where visitors wash their money.
- Sugimotodera – Oldest temple with Eleven-faced statue of Kannon
- Tokeiji Temple – Former refuge for abused wives.
- Hokokuji – Notable for its lovely bamboo grove
- Zuisenji Temple – Zen temple famous for its gardens.
Kamakura map - attractions
A Japanese guy making senbei at an old store
Daibutsu at Kotokuin, Kamakura. The magnificence of the Great Buddha is surrounded by the charm of cherry blossoms
Fireworks exhibition at Yuigahama Hanabi, Kamakura
Jizo statues representing the souls of miscarried, stillborn or aborted children.
Kenchoji Temple at Kamakura absolutely reflects the beauty of Japanese architecture in the old times
Mt Fuji viewed from Shichirigihama Beach, Kamakura, Japan
Temple pond at Hasedera, Kamakura
The beautiful sunset moment at Kamakura beach
The elegantly architected roof of Kamakura Hasedera Temple
The magnificence of Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, Kamakura