It’s hard to believe that the people who live here go somewhere else for their holidays as any traveler would have to spend years soaking in “joie de vivre” and walk thousand miles to discover the wonder of France. That said, there are gazillion of nice spots here. After going through many rounds of sieving process, below list includes the top 10 best places to travel to.
- Paris – the exhilarating “City of Light”, the capital of France.
- Provence – city of water, city of art.
- Lyon – France’s second city, with a history from Roman times to the Renaissance.
- Nice – a major resort on the French Riviera and the gateway to Monaco.
- Bordeaux – city of wine, capital of South-West.
- Strasbourg – a historic city on the Ill Rhine.
- Marseille – big harbor, heart of Provence.
- Cannes – host of the annual Cannes Film Festival.
- Avignon – well known for its Palais des Papes (Palace of the Popes).
- Toulouse – city in southwest France on the banks of the River Garonne.
map of France
map of France – attractions
The Eiffel Tower beside the Seine River in Paris is a global icon of France and is one of the most recognizable structures in the world. Anyone doesn’t know this?
The magnificent Musee du Louvre resting in tranquility, Paris, France
Louvre pyramid glitters in charm
The royal Chateau de Chambord in the Loire Valley, France, is one of the most recognizable chateaux in the world because of its very distinct French Renaissance architecture
Beautiful chalets in a town called Morzine in the French Alps, France
Matisse’s work display in permanent exhibition in Musee d’Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris.
May be this portrait best describe French “joie de vivre”
The Baroque Palace of Versailles is a royal chateau in the Ile-de-France region. It is one of the most popular tourist destinations in France.
Pont de Simone de Beauvoir (bridge) in Gare de Lyon area.
Sign of Moulin Rouge at Montmartre, Paris. Moulin Rouge (French for red mill) is a traditional cabaret that reflects French Culture as well as the Bohemian influence on Western Europe.
Plane trees in Provence.
Precariously hanging houses at Corsica Island. Explore this exotic destination in the Mediterranean that few know!
Don’t tell others that you’ve been to France if you haven’t tried French baguettes
Louis Vuitton is a French fashion label that drives the girls from all over the world crazy. Photo is one of its famous print ads