Restaurant food is good but sometimes street food is better because they are available almost every street at cheap price. With just $1 dollar, you can get more than one type of street food in Thailand and they are guaranteed delicious. This is a major reason why many foreigners decided to spend their retirement years in different cities in Thailand such as Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Phuket and others. Don’t believe? Let’s fly to Bangkok and check them out yourself.
1. Ba Mee Hang. Dry Chinese-style egg noodles topped with slivered, vegetables and blanced greens.
2. Ba Mee Nam. Soup egg noodles topped with barbecued pork and vegetables. This type of noodles is highly customizable. You can order without barbecued pork or request for more minced pork.
3. Duck Soup Noodles
4. Mango Sticky Rice (Khao Niaow Ma Muang). Mango served with sticky rice and coconut sauce. A Thai classic.
5. Phat Si-io or Pad See Ew. Stir fried noodle with pork, chicken or beef.
6. Rat Na, Lat Na or Lad Na.
7. Egg Noodles in Tom Yam Soup. The topping can be anything depending on the shop you are eating. Remember to tell the chef “No Spicy” if you can’t take spicy food.
8. Khao Soi or Khao Soy. This dish is originally from northern Thailand. The main ingredient are hand cut egg noodles, coconut milk and curry soup.
9. Fried mushroom served with special sauce.
10. Kanom Jeen. Eaten with fresh vegetables.
11. Sticky Rice Dumplings and Rice Dumpling. Take one and you will feel full.
12. Yen Ta Fo. Widely available throughout Thailand.
13. On the left is healthy Longan drink and on the right is black ice tea.
14. Kang Jued Woon Sen. A bowl of hot soup with pork, tofu and vegetables.
15. Pork Omelet (Kai Jeow Moo Sab). Available almost every street.
16. Fish Noodles.
17. Grilled Fish. Any type of fish.
Except Japanese food, Thai street food is also popular around the world because not every city has delicious street food like Bangkok.
More From FECIELO